Open angles of stairs are submitted to an important shearing effect from passengers’ foot steps. The use of mastic joints with a screwed down aluminium nosing will bring stability while securing the requested anti-slip.
For stairs, it is strongly recommended to:
- Cut the floorcovering along the open angle of the stairs ;
- Lay down the floorcovering on the stairs ;
- Weld the two pieces of floorcovering at angle, using the CA72 Weld cord ;
- Apply a mastic joint on the floorcovering, at the angle ;
- Cover the floorcovering (2cm minimum) at the angle with an anti-slip aluminium nosing (by Gerflor), which is then screwed down.